Are you interested in becoming a bomb dog handler? We offer flexible handler training courses that will give you the basic knowledge needed to become a bomb dog handler. The courses feature hands-on leash time with certified bomb dogs that will help you stand above other applicants.
Classes range from 8-80 hours and are adaptable to your specific needs.
As a student in the course, you will receive basic skills in the safe and effective handling of a detection dog, as well as learn search techniques for explosives/bombs concealed in buildings, vehicles, open areas, luggage and packages. The techniques learned include the critical skill of using wind currents effectively to enhance the dog’s detection abilities.
Course of instruction
• Safe handling of explosive training aids and other safety procedures
• Obedience for dog handlers
• Kennel maintenance and sanitation
• Maintaining your working dog (feeding, health, and other maintenance)
• Working dog first aid and safety precautions
• Principles of conditioning (how dogs learn to perform as detection dogs)
• Building search tactics
• Using the wind for effective searches
• Searching speed, leash control, and behaviors
• Identifying explosives and characteristics
You will also learn search patterns and techniques for various locations, including:
• Open area searches
In training you will deal with highly dangerous substances. Carelessness can cause severe damage or bodily injury to yourself or others. We will teach you everything you need to know to conduct your searches safely, including the searches you do while training.
Realistic Scenario Training
Time is critical in an actual search, thus we conduct our training to prepare prepare teams for real-world situations. This includes realistic bomb-threat response scenarios.
We’re just 20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip in beautiful Boulder City, just minutes from the Hoover Dam. Contact us for more information and to schedule your training.